Keep your hands clean!
- Use an alcohol-based hand-rub when your hands are not visibly soiled.
- Wash your hands with soap and water when your hands are visibly soiled.
Alcohol-based hand-rubs provide several advantages over hand washing with soap and water:
- require less time than hand washing
- act quickly to kill microorganisms on hands
- more effective than hand washing with soap and water
- more accessible than sinks
- reduce bacterial counts on hands
- do not promote antimicrobial resistance
- less irritating to skin than soap and water
- can even improve condition of skin
How do you use it?
It is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
When decontaminating hands with an alcohol-based hand-rub use an amount of alcohol-based hand-rub sufficient to cover all surfaces of hands.
- Apply hand-rub to palm of one hand.
- Rub hands together covering all surfaces of hands and fingers.
- Rub until hand-rub is absorbed.